Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 10

Today was my first full day at home while detoxing, and actually I'm finding it harder to do at home because I'm used to certain eating/drinking patterns here. So today was tough, I felt sluggish and feverish towards the end of the day. And right before bed I had this headache that would not let up.

As far as eating, I got really hungry in the afternoon, so I snacked in addition to my two meals. For the first meal (around 1 o'clock) I had a salad with tofu, beets, and avocado, with some baked fingerling potatoes drizzled with walnut oil. Delicious. Before this meal I had gone to the Farmers' Market and Whole Foods to stock up on healthy stuff for the week. At Whole Foods I tried a small Green Giant juice from their juice bar. Blech. It had apple, cucumber, kale, spinach and wheat grass. I couldn't finish it, I did NOT care for it at all. Makes me a little nervous about how I'm going to get through 7 days of just juice!!!

Around 6 I got super hungry so I cut up an heirloom tomato and 1/4 of an avocado and drizzled balsamic and walnut oil over it. I had a late dinner with a friend, we went to sushi, where I had edamame, grilled portabello mushrooms and two vegan rolls. So good.

Aside from not feeling great overall, I was pleasantly surprised that my clothes are fitting a little looser, that is fun. Also my skin is super clear; I had heard that detoxing can make you break out, which I was concerned about. I haven't had that happen.

I'm glad this day is finished, it wasn't a fun one.

xo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment