Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 16, 17, 18

Goodbye coffee maker, hello juicer! I finally did it, I put my beloved coffee maker away for the next two weeks, and in its place there is a fancy shmancy juicer, lent to me by a friend. I bought a ton of fresh veggies and fruit from the Farmers' Market, including peaches, carrots, kale, tangerines, cucumbers, apples, and a 16-lb bag of oranges! So each day I've been making a glass of juice to substitute a meal, and then eating one meal in the middle of the day. The juice tastes good, but cleaning the juicer is the biggest pain in the ass... I'm not quite convinced that it's worth the effort.

All three of these days I ate a big salad for my one meal, with grilled veggies and tofu, plus a potato with walnut oil on the side.

There are definitely times when I'm feeling low energy, and other times when I'm feeling great. Like the Ejuva instructions claim, there are highs and lows.

I'm starting to really miss normal food. Not craving it necessarily, but just wanting something different than what I'm eating. I'm starting to think about how I'm going to return to normal eating habits after this is all over, and I'm thinking gradual is the key. I've lost 6 pounds so far, and I don't want to gain it all back!

It's weird because although I'll feel like I have low energy, I really haven't felt hungry, like when your stomach hurts and you feel sick because you need to eat. It really got me thinking: if I am capable of eating just one meal a day and living normally (working, working out, etc) then why the hell do we all eat so much? I think it is habitual and nothing more. Oprah has recommended this book I've been reading, called "Women, Food and God" and it talks about how most of us don't eat out of hunger, we eat out of stress, boredom, for distraction, etc. The book goes hand in hand with what I am learning in this cleanse: that is, instead of just eating to eat, or because "it's time for lunch" or eating as a social activity, we need to stop and think if we are actually really hungry, and if we are, what are we hungry for?

Ten days left!!!!!!!!

xo xo

1 comment: