Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 5

After sleeping in, we decided to drive up to Santa Fe (about an hour away) and check out the city. It was really cute and quaint, with clay adobe buildings everywhere, just like you'd imagine.

I upped my tablets today to 3 of each, to help get my body used to having more herbs in my system (which will happen when I take the herbs/Combi twice a day starting on day 8). I ate my sprouted grains cereal with almond milk, blueberries and a banana for breakfast. On our drive up we had to make a frenzied stop at a gas station for me to use the bathroom. The urge to go comes on really quickly on this cleanse! My advice is to never be too far away from a bathroom!

We ate at The Shed, a historic restaurant in the plaza in downtown Santa Fe. I was told by a friend I would be able to find yummy vegetarain food, and indeed they did have a lot of options, none of which were vegan. So ordering was a little tricky: I got a garden burger (not even sure if that is vegan?) with no bun and no cheese, with a side salad with balsamic vinegarette. I also got a side of guacamole... so yummy. And I splurged and ordered a vegan, handmade, blue corn tortilla to sop of the rest of the guac. Yum. You are supposed to avoid corn because of its acidifing properties, but this was the first time I'd had a corn product in 5 days so I justified it.

For dinner I had a salad with artichoke hearts, hearts of palm and grilled eggplant and zucchini, as well as a little vegan tomato soup from Whole Foods.

xo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment