Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 23, 24, 25

So I spent the weekend out of town in Albuquerque. On Friday (Day 23) I made it all day without eating, I just had juice and broth, and my herbs/shake. (That was my second day of no solid foods.) On Day 24 I started to feel really bummed about not eating! And when I'd get up from sitting down, I'd get really light headed and dizzy.

So I decided to revert back to eating once a day, which Ejuva endorses. They say if you can't handle the no eating part, go back to the previous week's program. So I thoroughly enjoyed lunch: some homemade rice and beans, with vegan corn tortillas and guacamole. These foods are not alkaline, but I wanted to have some native New Mexican food while I was there. My friend told me the life was brought back to my cheeks once I ate. It seriously was one of the best meals of my life. I couldn't even eat that much, I think my stomach has shrunk, but just allowing myself to eat felt damn good.

The next day I juiced in the morning (brussel sprouts, apple, kale, spinach and carrots), and had a similar lunch (rice and beans, guac). Then when I got home from Abq, I ate some of the veggie broth from last week. The program says to take the herbs/shake 4x per day during fasting, but I found that really challenging, so I did 4x one day and then went back to 3x/day.

Here's what I can tell you so far about this program: I'm frickin over it. I like feeling skinny and healthy, but I'm so over taking those herbs, and over having to go to the bathroom multiple times a day. So I'm thinking I'll just juice again on Day 26, and then revert back to eating once a day until Day 28, when I'll start to add in normal foods.

Ordering things with no cheese and no meat is a hard habit to start, but once the food is on the table I really don't miss the cheese and meat. So I really think I'll start to adopt healthier eating habits when this is all over. That's the goal right?

xo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment