Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 3

I made it another day! Woke up feeling pretty good, which was in stark contrast to how I felt when I went to bed last night. I took a turn for the worse after blogging; my headache intensified, and then I began to feel extremely nausous. But like I said, after sleeping I felt pretty good. I took my tablets: 2 Renew, 2 Power and 3 Balance, this time with apple juice which made them go down WAY easier. Then I upped the amount of Combi shake: 1.5 scoops. For breakfast I had my special cereal with bluberries, a banana and almond milk. I made some green tea on our way out the door... we went to the longest tram in the world, which starts at 6,500 ft and goes all the way up over these amazing mountains to 10,500 feet.


We hiked about five miles at the top, and I was SO ready for lunch when we got back. The restaurant was awesome and modified a delicious salad for me: mixed greens, cucumber, avocado, peppers, and a grilled portabello mushroom with homemade blood orange vinegarette on the side.

On our way home from the hike, my caffeine headache started to return, so I decided to take a half of an excedrin. Half of a pill contains the same amount of caffeine as a half cup of coffee, so I figure with that and the green tea I'm still taking in less then normal. I know it was kind of cheating but I really didn't want to ruin a good day with a miserable headache, especially after my terrible night last night. I researched caffeine withdrawals, and it can take as long as 9 days for your body to get used to cutting out caffeine cold turkey. As long as I'm not having actual coffee, my plan is to wean myself from the caffeine gradually, as obvioulsy doing it cold turkey was cruel and mean.

Later in the afternoon I snacked on pineapple, and had a little vegan tomato soup from Whole Foods that I bought the other day. We swam for a little bit, and then got ready for dinner.

We went to a sushi restaurant that was so yummy. On this diet they say to eat soy products in moderation, and rice is an acidifying food so they say to try and avoid it. We ordered miso soup, edamame, Kung Pao tofu with no MSG, and stirfried veggies. Oh, and a vegetable roll, vegan style, with no eel sauce on it. It had very little rice, which was good. My eyes were way too big for my stomach and I ended up bringing more than half my food home for leftovers. I'm just stoked that japenese food is an option, if you order carefully.


My biggest lesson of the day is that I can be just as satisfied eating a big salad as I am eating something more substantial. I was FAMISHED after our hike, and was super jealous of Jordan's ham sandwich and fries. But then while I was eating my salad, I began to feel full, just as full as I would be binge eating those delicious fries! And of course I ordered no cheese on my salad, which I thought I would miss, but the avocado really made up for it. After lunch Jordan felt guilty for eating a ham sandwich and fries, and said he wished he ordered the same salad as me! Ha!

I'm very excited that I made it through another day!

xo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment