Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 28

I made it!!!! whooo hooo!!! Today is my last day of taking herbs and the shake, but I will continue to take the MoFlora until the jar is gone.

For breakfast I had eggs benedict with no sauce and no butter and no ham, just spinach, tomato and avocado. It felt good to have some animal protein, even if it was just eggs. Although shortly after I felt really tired.

I had a super light lunch of edamame and watermelon, and then for dinner I had a salad from Lazy Acres with tofu, carrots, hearts of palm, artichokes and garlic. Yum. Oh yeah, and some more edamame. I love it.

Okay, so here are some eating habits I've learned on this cleanse, which I intend to keep, even though they aren't all that fun.

1) Eat only when hungry, not because it's "lunch time" by anybody else's standards.
2) Eat only when hungry, not when stressed, distracted or bored, or because the food's there in front of you.
3) Chew throughly; it takes more time, and you process food better that way.
4) Only order something with cheese if the cheese will absolutely make the dish. For example, a normal salad does not need cheese to taste good (you can request no cheese added), but a salad which boasts cheese as a main character would suck without it (i.e. Greek salad, caprese), so go for it. Same thing goes for other fattening condiments like sour cream.
4) Water, water, water
5) The biggest portion of your meal should be from veggies and fruit. Eating only veggies/fruit for a month really showed me that I CAN be full from just vegetables. Pasta, meat, bread, and cheese should really just be a garnish to the meal. (This is a not fun one!)
6) Stop when full. Don't just continue eating because it tastes good. Throw the rest away (or wrap it up for later) before you have time to reconsider. This goes back to eating when distracted.
7) Sweets in moderation, try to soothe a sweet tooth with fruit first. (This is my biggest challenge by the way... if you know me at all you know I CRAVE cupcakes...)
8) Alcohol almost never. I really didn't miss it one bit over the month. In fact I liked having an excuse as to why I WASN'T drinking. Plus I don't mind being the designated driver.

I'm sure I'll think of more things I've learned.

The jury is still out on whether I'll go back to coffee or not. Maybe I'll wait until the winter, when the warm cup in my hands will more comforting then it is in the middle of the summer. I have to have some sort of vice!!

Okay, so the burning question. Would I do this cleanse again? Hmmm. I'm not going to lie, it was extremely challenging for me at some points. If I were going to do it again I would definitely start to wean off caffiene a week or so before starting. That was by far the worst part. I feel like my body is at the weight that it is designed to be at, because really I don't look that much different. I feel great, I feel like I accomplished something big. I challenged myself, and proved to myself when I put my mind to something I can do it. I would say my skin is clear but I woke up this morning with two blemishes on my face, which is a bummer.

Also if I were to do it again I would try to not be as busy during the month. I would try to not go out of town (it's really hard being away from home while juicing especially). When I started the cleanse I pictured taking way better care of myself than I actually did... I envisioned doing yoga every night, meditating, reading quietly, etc. Instead I only did yoga three times in the whole month, and two out of the four weekends I was in Albuquerque, staying up super late while dancing the night away. Not exactly nurturing and relaxing!

So Ejuva gives you enough product to last a long time (I still have an unopened can of Combi) so I am planning on doing a two week mini-cleanse in October to keep myself on track. I will have to order more MoFlora though, because that will be gone.

Okay so there you go! If anyone has any questions feel free to leave a comment or send me an email.

xo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment