Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 22

I made it with no food today!!! Yay!

I'm just about to do some nighttime yoga before bed, to try and relax and loosen up my lower back. Last night during yoga I was trying to meditate at the end, laying on my back trying to clear my mind, and all of a sudden a delicious tuna melt (on sourdough) popped into my brain. I don't even know when the last time I had a frickin tuna melt was... but anyway it got singed in my brain during yoga. How pathetic!

This morning I juiced a bunch of carrots, pineapple, oranges, apple, cucumbers, and a little kale, and filled up 4 mason jars with juice. I took two to work, and then had one after work. This week you are also supposed to up the dosage of the herbs/shake, and take them four times a day! Whoa! So right now (9:45 pm) I still have one dosage left.

I quickly realized that juice was not going to sustain me. Not necessarily my hunger, but more so, my soul! So on the way home from work I stopped at the store and bought a bunch of veggies (onion, parsnip, celery, carrot, potato, parsley, garlic, and some spices) and made a roasted vegetable broth. First I roasted the veggies for about an hour, and then made a broth with them. I saved the veggies for a salad next week when I can eat again! The broth is good but not salty enough, so I added a little reduced sodium soy sauce and coarse salt. It was very satisfying and soothing.

Tomorrow I leave for Albuquerque, where I will juice at Jordan's house. The next few days are going to be tough, I just know it, but I'm confident I can do this!!

xo xo

PS. According to the scale this morning, I've lost 8 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment